Visit me on Facebook .....

Friday, April 28, 2006

Pulling it all Together ...


I have submitted the test booklet for printing ... and it should be ready by next Friday ... 1,000 copies.

La has finished the DVD slipcover art and the art for the DVD itself and I took it down to the DVD printers today for them to make sure it is as it should be. The art looks really good. Very Professional!! I should be hearing from the printers about that today or Monday.

We re-shot several segments of the DVD last weekend and that seemed to go well. I actually got to see some filmed footage on the big screen TV here ... and it looked pretty good!! I am thicker around the middle than I see myself being in my mind's eye ... but still ... I looked like a cool teacher! My goal!

I got a Tax number yesterday .... which allows me to collect sales taxes .... AND which keeps me from having to PAY sales taxes on getting the DVD and booklets printed!! That is a BIG SAVINGS!!

Tom is working on getting my website set up to sell DVD's and accept credit cards .... we are hiring it done ... to be sure it is done right!! It needs to get done soon!!

Tutoring is going great! I have about 25 hours a week scheduled right now and that equates to about $1,000 a week .... which is pretty good!! But May is the last month of that until Aug/Sept ... so I need to be able to sell DVD's at the rate of 25 per week to make up for the loss of tutoring! When I put it that way ... it seems doable!! Especially considering I can sell them all across Texas via my website. We need to sell 250 DVD's to make back what it has cost us to make the DVD ... then 25 per week or so to keep me solvent ... anything above that is gravy!! Investment in future DVD's!! Investment in future retirement!!

Also ... TEA has contacted us and decided to offer us the rights to use the Study Guide materials!! Too late for this DVD .... but GREAT for future possibilities!!

All of this is VERY positive!!

I'm nervous ... but also very excited!!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Cin that is fantastic. Right on. Your decision to leave the school was so right. Remember that the camera adds lbs. to anyone. Charley.

Caroline said...

I am so So SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for you. You are amazing! (Tom, too)