Visit me on Facebook .....

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Calculators or not

How do YOU feel? Should students be allowed to use the fancy graphing calculators in their high school Math classes?



Do you use a calculator when doing things with numbers? Or do you pull out a pencil and paper and do long multiplication by hand? Long division by hand? Add columns of numbers by hand?



If you were to be handed a fancy graphing calculator, would you even begin to have a clue how to use it?



Should high school and college students of the 21st Century be using these fancy calculators in their classes? Or are we handicapping them?



I would love to get your feedback on this. I have my own opinions, which I plan to share in a few articles ... but I would like to know how the general public feels about "Calculators or Not?"

No comments: