Visit me on Facebook .....

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

September 6th

Okay .... now things should start happening. Three Week Progress Reports go out to the public school kids this week .... and Homeschoolers start classes this week. I am hoping for much ringing of my phones and pinging of my emails!!

I have had several people contact me lately .... but they were all out of my areas of expertise. I could have taken them on and done the best I could with them, but if I knew someone else who could do a better job, I recommended them away from me.

The man who wanted Statistics II College level I referred to my friend who teaches AP Stats.

The woman whose 9 year old grandson needs 3rd grade Math help .... I referred her to the district tutoring list, which she didn't know existed.

The woman who heard I was a brilliant tutor and was willing to drive over an hour one way from McKinney, TX each Sunday evening .... I referred her to my friend in Frisco, therefore cutting her drive time in half. Construction is horrible on that road ... I couldn't have anyone driving in that mess for over 2 hours just so I could tutor them. Amy will treat them well.


The 49 year old man with Memory Issues who needed help refreshing his basic Math skills .... but my rates were too high ... I referred him to a set of books sold by Homeschool Resource Stores .... problems with step-by-step solutions written out.

It's almost like I am shoving business away from me .... but I really want these people to get the best help they can. I am hoping that "what goes around, comes around" and maybe these folks I have referred people to will in turn refer people to me.

Meanwhile .... progress reports go out this week .... homeschooling starts this week .... may my phone ring and my email ping!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU SOUND LIKE "TOO BUSY" ALREADY

cincin21 said...

LOL .... but I'm not!!

Send me work!!

Anonymous said...

CIN:
HOW ABOUT THAT......IT SEEMS TO
THINK ANONYMOUS IS OK

Anonymous said...

TWO MORE WEEKS AND YOU WILL HAVE
ENOUGH OF BEING IN BUSINESS FOR
YOURSELF AND WISH TO BE BACK 8-4
AT THE SCHOOLHOUSE

Judy said...

Good luck! Hope the phone rings off the hook!