Visit me on Facebook .....

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

TAKS Math DVD idea....

Okay ... here is what is happening so far ...

I am going to make a DVD for the Exit Level TAKS Math test. I am going to have it showing ME doing the 102 practice problems from the Math Section of the Exit Level TAKS Study Guide for Math and Science. I am trying to get permission from the State to link my DVD to their Study Guide. The Study Guide is supplied FREE to students taking the Exit Level TAKS ... or it can be downloaded at http://www.tea.state.tx.us/student.assessment/taks/booklets/index.html and everyone has access to this site ....

I emailed the University of North Texas (Denton) Film School to see if anyone up there might be interested in doing this project ... we hoped it could be a student and cost next to nothing ...

One of the Asst. Professors read the email and seems to really like the idea ... but he beleives it needs to have a professional touch to it and he has offered to work with us to create a quality DVD. It will cost us some money, though. He came to our home last Saturday and we discussed the entire project. He thinks it is a really good idea and he would like to film it in our living room ... me, being me ... casual dress and barefoot ... with a white board ... bookshelves ... plants ... cats .... whatever ....

We are hoping to create maximum 8 hours of finished product which we can then put onto a Glass Master Disc and then be able to order DVD's by the 1,000's and hopefully sell them by the 1,000's!! We are planning on charging around $40 for the DVD .... which is what I charge for 1 hour of Private tutoring ... and the buyer will get 8 hours of "private tutoring" ... and be able to click on each Objective and go over problems ... and hopefully learn something!!

We want this to be available for sale by mid-May ... when the TAKS results come in ... so the counselors can hand the kid the study guide ... and a flyer advertising this DVD!!

I am recovering nicely from my surgery .... 2 weeks ago tomorrow .... will probably start filming early in February. Will keep ya'll posted!!

PS ... I just called TEA Copyright Offices ... spoke with a lady there. She took down my information and says she has not received my emails. She says she will have someone contact me soon. I made note of her name and number so that I can call her again if I don't hear anything.




No comments: