Visit me on Facebook .....

Monday, August 07, 2006

I am so Grateful!!

It is on days like today ... which happen once a year .... that I am so grateful I became a Math Tutor with my own business.

Today ... August 7th ... LISD teachers went back to school ... they started 5 days of Teacher Inservice. August 14th .... next Monday ... they will be back at it for another school year!!

Now .... don't get me wrong! I LOVE Teaching!!! I absolutely LOVE teaching. But I am pretty happy with my decision to run my own business. I am learning SO MUCH about so many different aspects of Mathematics education here in Texas. I am learning about Homeschoolers and Unschoolers and Private Schoolers and Middle Schoolers and High Schoolers and Community Collegers ....

I am learning about all different kinds of curriculums and testing.

I am also learning about what it takes to make an educational DVD and sell it to the public ... I am learning a lot!!

I am REALLY GLAD to not be in a teacher inservice right now!!

I have also noticed lately that the Dallas Morning News seems to be making a special effort to bring education to the forefront. I like seeing that. They are publishing more articles on TAKS and on school starting dates and requesting articles from teachers specifically! I think that is great and plan to try to add my $.02 to the general knowledge!!

I need to write more in this BLOG ... I do have lots to say, so I need to get back at it!!

I will!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like reading your blog - please write in it more often. Yay, on being so inspired and making the right choice! Charley

Judy said...

Not being at school when everyone else is feels GREAT doesn't it??? WAHOO!!