Visit me on Facebook .....

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Doing Okay!!

This week I am doing more TAKS tutoring with the promise of even more on the horizon.

I also was contacted by a man who is President of a Homeschooling group with 200 families!! I am meeting him on Friday to discuss things. He wants flyers and business cards!

In my opinion, this one man is doing things right!! He is willing to meet me and talk to me and see what I know and what I am willing to do for his families. He isn't hiding behind his group. He is going out and looking into what could possibly be a very valuable resource for his group!

I have had a lot of mouthpieces for the various groups tell me that I cannot meet with anyone in the group unless I know someone in the group. In fact, in some cases, I can't even email anyone in the group, unless I know someone who will vouch for me. That seems to me to be a bit of a Catch-22 situation. They seem to be limiting themselves tremendously.

I am going to start asking everyone I see if they know anyone who homeschools and if they will pass on my business card and recommend me. One day at a time .... one card at a time ....

2 comments:

Judy said...

Yeah, unfortunately, I recall the homeschool network to be tight-mouthed like this in the North Houston area as well. Sounds like you have a REALLY good connection, though - can't wait to hear how it pans out for you!

Caroline said...

Wow! I am so proud of you! I know this entry is old but I rarely seem to have time for looking at blogs. I am so glad things are looking up and that you made a good contact!