Visit me on Facebook .....

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Change in Plans ...

I have decided to not charge as much per hour as I had originally planned. I have to build up a following again .... and charging too much per hour isn't going to help that.

Over the past few years I had actually tried to cut down on my tutoring at night ... turned people down, removed myself from lists .... now I am trying to build that part back up. I have a faithful, but small, following at the moment .... and I had a woman call me from McKinney (1 hour away) who heard wonderful things about me and wants to get her son into tutoring with me. I am looking forward to working with them.

School starts tomorrow for LISD .... so I am expecting my evening tutoring to pick up over the next few weeks as students settle in to their new Math classes.

I am also going to teach at a local Home Educators Resource Center on Wednesdays. That will be a good introduction into the Homeschooling community .... and that is what I need!!

Tom's new job is going pretty well. He is MUCH happier! I like seeing that. He hasn't had a paycheck for a month and a half .... hoping to get one this week or next .... and only one per month. He is strictly commission ... and I guess I am too now!

Wish us luck! And success!!

2 comments:

Judy said...

With school starting, you should start to see a definite pick- up - do you get to post flyers in schools or anything like that? What about student directories? Can you pay to advertise in them? Programs at the football games?

I am getting ahead of myself, though - word of mouth will probably bring you plenty of business, and it is FREE!

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
Just sending a note to let you know that Arisha finally passed!!!! Email me at school so that I can bookmark you.

CW