Visit me on Facebook .....

Friday, August 05, 2005

I'm Liking This ....

I spent all day running errands yesterday ... and as I was out and about, I was also thinking of my teacher friends being back to school ... and how grateful I am that I am NOT!!

I stopped by the Home Educator's Resource Center in Lewisville and it looks like I will be able to offer a couple of Math Classes through them. They are allowing me to choose the curriculum and the course and what to charge ... I just need to get it all written up and submitted to them. They supply classroom space. This will be one way to get myself and my abilities known to the homeschooling public.

Now I just have to figure out which curriculum to use. I know which ones NOT to use ... the Math Curriculums that LISD uses are awful!! The best way to learn if a curriculum is good is to actually teach it ... which I haven't done with the Homeschool Curriculums. I am going to go to the conference on Saturday and check out the available curriculums there.

I must say once again that I am very happy to not be back in school this week ... although I do miss my fellow Math teachers and catching up with them and what they did this summer. I sent them an email earlier this week and told them that if the Principal rags on them today like she did last year, they should go to lunch and then come to my place for relaxing by the pool and margaritas the rest of the afternoon. Believe it or not, someone forwarded that email to the Principal! She was not a happy camper about that and sent me an email to let me know!!

Geez .... I'm not even teaching there anymore and I am still getting in trouble with the Principal!!

The Faculty Meeting is probably starting right about now ... and I am here at home with a kitty on my lap ... along with my laptop .... and a cup of coffee by my side .... life is good ....

2 comments:

Judy said...

Life IS good!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are out of the rat race, and no more principal looking over your shoulder. You will be much happier doing what you are.