Visit me on Facebook .....

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Happy and Relaxed ....

Happy and Relaxed .... that's me these days .... I am sending out emails and passing out cards, trying to generate business ... I know it will come ... but otherwise, I am managing to keep mildly busy and NOT stressed.

One thing I really like is that I can now help my son with his homework! Up until this year, Robbie would get home from school and work on his homework and I would get home from school and collapse. Usually I had an evening of tutoring AND a stack of papers needing to be graded to look forward to after a quick dinner (which my wonderful hubby would cook). All I wanted to do when I walked in the door was sit and recharge!! I would help Robbie if he asked, but usually he just avoided asking because my whole attitude spoke "TIRED". And he is a really good kid ... sensitive to those vibes.

Now ... he is taking Algebra II Pre-AP ... and he does his homework sitting at the table where I do my tutoring ... and I happily sit there with him .... reading a magazine or a book, but making it very clear that I am there to help HIM if he needs it. And I really like being able to do that.

Now I am home when he gets home .... previous years he always got home first. I like being able to welcome him home and ask about his day. I really like being HOME.

I do miss the kids. I do miss the teaching. I don't miss the JOB. I really miss the kids, though.

Once tutoring gets going good in the evenings, though ... I will have an outlet for my teaching energy!! And if my homeschool classes get 3 or more enrollees at the Home Educator's Resource Store .... I'll have an outlet on Wednesdays each week!

But being happy and relaxed and able to help my son when he gets home ... that is the BEST thing!

1 comment:

Judy said...

Wait until that first round of progress reports goes out - business will pick up!