Visit me on Facebook .....

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

10 School Days Left ....

WOW!! Today went pretty well! I started each class by holding up a pile of referral forms, with names and numbers of the "usual suspects" already written on them .... and telling the students that I wanted my last few days as a public school teacher to be peaceful.

It's sad I had to resort to that .... but dang, they sure did behave today!

I realized that I only have 4 more days of actual teaching to do .... then a day of review on Chap. 12 ... then a day for the test .... then a day to go out and do the Sidewalk Art Project ( http://photos.yahoo.com/cincin21 )..... then a day for Exam review .... and 2 days of exams!

I started moving out of my room today. Cleared off one bulletin board ... and loaded 4 boxes with books and took them out to my car .... now I gotta figure out where to put them here at home. People pass me in the halls and ask me "How many more days?" .... they know I am counting down. I think some folks are a little jealous. I sure would be!!

2 comments:

Judy said...

I am interested in hearing about your future plans with tutoring, etc. I used to tutor about 3 to 4 students a semester when I was teaching. Are you going to be doing TEKS prep tutoring, specific class/subject tutorials, something else, all of the above?

Just curious how it works - going back to teaching in the traditional sense is not high on my list right now!

cincin21 said...

Hey Judy .... if you would email me at cincin21@yahoo.com I will send you info and answer any questions you might have.

I have been tutoring at night for several years ... I am going to make it a full time business now ...