Visit me on Facebook .....

Monday, May 23, 2005

The Beginning is NEAR!!

Exams have begun! 1.5 days left counting today!!

I spent a good 4 hours grading papers yesterday ... and when I was finally done ... I was DONE!! I AM done. No more stacks of papers inches thick to steal away my Sunday afternoons ... and weekday evenings. It was as if a great weight lifted from my shoulders and my heart. Freedom.

And all of my seniors passed w/o any help from me! YES!! I like it when things go that way.

AND ... I am already getting phone calls for summer tutoring. Seniors who failed the TAKS test and cannot graduate are finally deciding to take things seriously. And their parents are deciding to get serious, too. I had to turn my cell phone off because worried parents are calling me in class to set up tutoring .... (The state of TEXAS has over 22,000 seniors NOT graduating this year because of TAKS .... 10% of the seniors in the state. YIKES!!) I think Lewisville schools did okay .... but not 100%. I am going to go around to the other 4 High School and solicit tutoring for TAKS this summer .... probably will do that on Thursday.


Tutoring is my future now .... and I am glad.

The beginning of a new life is near. Very Near.

1 comment:

Judy said...

(read this is HUGE BOLD FONT - LIKE A SIZE 72 FONT)

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!