Visit me on Facebook .....

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

One Week Out ....

Finally I am over the Bronchitis .... I hope!! Last night I went to bed w/o taking meds and didn't need a cough drop all night. I even got up and walked this morning .... at 5:30am!!

I am having to reframe my whole existance now! The time limits that I have now are mostly of my own making. That is very new to me! I mean, even in summers, I always had a deadline of "early in August" and every summer day was numbered. Now .... my morning walks can take 20 minutes or an hour .... especially if I choose to start at 5:30am. Even this Fall and Winter and Spring and Summer .... I can get up early and walk and still have 2 hours before my first possible tutoring job.

I caught myself thinking today that May is gone and I only have June and July left .... but that isn't true!!! I have my whole LIFE left!!

I actually put on a dress today and went to 3 High Schools in the area (Lewisville HS ... Marcus HS, and Flower Mound HS) and passed out my cards to the counselors. Saw some counselors I've known from years past and other schools. It was nice! I told them about my new business and got mixed reactions. I will go back to them in August and remind them and pass out cards again.

I realized how much different my attitude is now, compared to how I felt a week after school the past 22 years .... I am actually willing to take on tutees now! I am actually willing to do math!! On the other hand .... one year ago today Tom and I were in Germany ... and that was SO nice. And .... I plan to, we plan to, do more traveling like that again! Both of us are going to make our new endevours work!!

I even had two tutees today!!

Yeah Me!!

1 comment:

Judy said...

So glad you hear you are better! I was a teensy weensy bit worried, and figured you were either still in the downy dumps or just super duper busy - sounds like a little of both!