Visit me on Facebook .....

Monday, May 09, 2005

Eleven School Days Left ....

Ten and a half to be exact. However, my students seem to think school ended after TAKS testing was over. I say that, but yet they did really well on the Trigonometry Chapter I taught them last week. They love learning "NEW" stuff. Today they were asking for more Trig .... but we are on to Chapter 12 and Circles and all their parts. They won't find this stuff as interesting as they found Trig. 90 minutes classes are too long this time of year.

I always get in a bad mood towards the end of a school year. Too many kids waiting until NOW to try to save their grades and they have grades in the 30's and 40's and 50's. They want me to come in earlier and stay later ... and I refuse to do that. I am already coming in early as it is ... and have been ever since they started failing .... but now they feel the pressure.

I do hate being in a bad mood at the end of school. This is my last chance to see some of these darlings and what they will remember of me is my being a shrew the last couple of weeks. I need to keep that in mind. What I really need to do is write-up the trouble-makers and get them out of my class for awhile. I'll send them to the office and 15 minutes later, they will be back in my class .... but maybe my point will be made?? Yep .... I think that is what I need to do. I don't usually send students to the office .... but at this point, they tend to take advantage of that fact!!

So here is your warning ... Isis, Anthony, James, Erica S., Crystal, Glenice, Chris, Jose .... and anyone else who wants to talk while I am teaching .... and talk instead of doing classwork .... Fair Warning!!


1 comment:

Judy said...

I always said that the testing should be done the last day of school, or at least don't tell the kids when the last day is, and just surprise them as they're walking out the door one day - "See ya next Fall! School is officially out!"

I know it won't logistically work, but it seems like the last 4 to 6 weeks of school is either a waste of my time and/or theirs, and the discipline issues are almost unbearable!