Visit me on Facebook .....

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Twelve School Days Left ....

Eleven and a half, to be precise!

Been awhile since I have posted on here. Sorry about that, to my faithful readers! But ... I have been CONTENT. I have even been a bit HAPPY. I did officially resign my job on Tuesday .... so no going back now!

The Texas Legislature is just getting more and more ridiculous and with each new bill or ammendment, I get happier and happier that I have decided to leave public education. My 15 year old son will still have 3 years left at Lewisville High School. But I will keep a close eye on him and his education ... and I have friends who work there and will also keep an eye on him. I have no doubt that my husband and I can homeschool him if we need to ... but for now, he is doing just fine where he is.

I am about to start my normal Sunday routine of grading papers. I will probably spend 6 or 7 hours today (Mother's Day) grading the Test I gave on Friday as well as all the make-up work, absent work, and Test and Quiz corrections from the past week. Then I will spend an hour or so putting all of those grades into the computer.

Only 2 more Sundays after today. Yeah!!

My evening tutoring business has been picking up quite a bit lately ... and that is surprising to me! But, I am glad! Pretty soon my whole income will depend on tutoring and teaching from from my home! Any positive business flow is good.

I don't have any rants to go off on today. I did get a nice response from one of my students on my "Education is Wasted on Our Youth" post .... and that reminded me that I needed to be posting in here ... 'cause people are reading.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Happy Mother's Day! Good to "hear" from you!

cincin21 said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, too!!

Thanks for reading .... I'll try to do better!!