Visit me on Facebook .....

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

NINE School Days Left ....

Actually 8.5 days and 20 minutes .... I'm still in 4th period

It took me 45 minutes to get to school yesterday and today ... and I only live 10 miles away. Normally it takes 20-30 minutes ... traffic is killer in the DFW metroplex area. They are building a new toll-road to replace the road I drive to work on every day .... another good reason to quit working in The Colony! I'd probably have to pay toll to get here and then home every day!

Day 2 of Referral's Threatened has gone well so far. A couple of students are one more documentation away from being sent out. I have to have 3 documented cases of classroom disruption before I can send a student ... so I am building my cases.

I gave a Quiz today over the 1st two sections in Chapter 12 ... four students in my 1st period put their name on the quiz ... scribbled some guesses ... and turned it in .... making below a 20 for each of them. My question is .... why do they even bother to come to school?? I have asked them ... they say "Because the law says we have to!" So ... we make them come, but we can't make them learn!! The old "lead a horse to water ...." business.

Okay ... I am home now .... and it is bed time!

2 comments:

Judy said...

There's some "smarts" for ya in those quiz takers - that used to infuriate me!

Anonymous said...

They are all asleep and don't care at this point. For some reason, they think they are still in elementary school and it is supposed to be play time until the last day. Well, we'll just do our teaching and hope we reach some of them.